Monday, December 21, 2015

Raspberry Pi Custom Splash Screen (blank screen problem)

I followed the instructions found at http://www.edv-huber.com/index.php/problemloesungen/15-custom-splash-screen-for-raspberry-pi-raspbian for a customized splash screen on the Pi. Everything went well, except….at the end of the boot sequence, the splash screen disappeared and all I was left with was a blank screen. I found out (by trying) that I could type the userid and password blindly, followed by startx (also blindly) and then LXDE would appear as normal.

Hunting around on the forums, I found a post that stated that if you were presented with a blank screen after booting, you should try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2 to get back to a regular console screen. It worked. I hunted around some more for a better solution, but to no avail.

By the way, this problem does not occur if you have it setup so that you automatically startup startx after booting.

No comments: